2 Hudson Valley Hikers Lost Overnite in Cold Woods
Two tired and freezing hikers spent a rainy Saturday night lost in the woods in the Hudson Valley.
On Saturday around 9:30 p.m., two hikers from Poughkeepsie contacted the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation central dispatch to report they were lost on the trails in the vicinity of North-South Lake Campground in the Town of Hunter.
Two forest rangers responded and searched the area throughout the night but couldn't find the missing hikers.
Sunday morning, just before 8 a.m., ranger Robert Dawson found the two tired hikers and escorted them back to their campsite. No information was released about their condition.
- Hudson Valley Business Goes Viral Thanks to Hilarious Sign
- Hudson Valley Woman Provides Police With Free Meals on 9/11
- Hudson Valley Teen Missing Since July, Police Seek Help
- Bear Attacks Hudson Valley Man Inside Home
- 14 High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Move
- DA: Hudson Valley Teacher's Aide Brought Loaded Gun to School
- Police: 8 Hudson Valley Men Arranged to Have Sex With Children
- Man Admits To Killing Hudson Valley Teen Away At College
- Hudson Valley Man Left Murder Victim's Corpse in Planter
- Woman Goes on Homophobic Rant at Hudson Valley ShopRite