3 Hudson Valley Teens Charged With Classmate’s Stabbing Death
Three lower Hudson Valley teens were indicted in connection with the stabbing death of a 16-year-old classmate. One is facing murder charges.
On Wednesday, a Westchester grand jury indicted 17-year-old Z’inah Brown for the fatal stabbing of 16-year-old Valaree Schwab.
On Jan. 10, 2018, prosecutors allege, a group of New Rochelle teenagers began bullying Schwab and a 15-year-old New Rochelle High School student.
The group of teens, including Brown, Carl Booker and Dominique Slack, physically confronted and assaulted Schwab resulting in a serious physical injury, officials say.
During the assault, Schwab dropped her house keys and one of the teens picked them up.
Schwab followed the group to Dunkin’ Donuts, to try and get back the keys, and was stabbed by Brown, police say. Schwab was pronounced dead later that day.
Brown was indicted for murder, manslaughter, felonies, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor.
Slack and Booker, both 17, were both charged with gang assault, first-degree stalking, felonies, assault and third-degree stalking, a misdemeanor.
Slack was remanded to Westchester County Jail without bail. Booker was released on $25,000 bail. Brown’s arraignment is pending.
- Hudson Valley Woman Arrested For Bringing Loaded Gun to School
- Local Family That Lost Baby, Mother in Fatal Crash Needs Help
- 3 Hudson Valley Teens Charged With Classmate’s Stabbing Death
- State Police Continue to Investigate Dead Body Found in Woods
- Baby, Mother Killed Crossing Route 52 in Fishkill
- Hudson Valley Teen Loses Feet, Hand From Flu
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Assaults Ex, Masturbates Near Child
- 4 Charged After Man Brutally Murdered in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley