$596 Million Winning Lottery Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley
Recently, Hudson Valley residents have won nearly $600 million playing the lotto.
It seems in the past week everyone got lottery fever. Two of the four biggest lottery jackpots in history is likely the reason. So, with the help of the Hudson Valley Post archives and UPNY.com, we decided to take a look back at some of the biggest lottery winners from the Hudson Valley.
$10 Milion: Poughkeepsie (Dutchess County) March 2017
- James and Sylvia Silverence became the biggest scratch-off winner lotto winners ever. The Poughkeepsie couple won the State Lottery 50th Anniversary scratch-off, purchasing the winning ticket at a Town of Poughkeepsie Stewart's Shops.
$10 Milion: Newburgh (Orange County) November 2017
Anthony Vitolo of Wallkill became the first New York Lottery player to claim a top prize of $10 million on the $350,000,000 Cash Spectacular.
$18 million: Cortlandt Manor (Westchester County) July 2012
- Retired USPS worker Peter Gee won the prize.
$106 million: Yonkers (Westchester County) September 2015
- Five friends who worked as limo drivers and housekeepers joined together to purchase the winning Mega Millions ticket.
$126 million: South Fallsburg (Sullivan County) February 2015
- Real estate broker Tammy Pratt followed her rule of only purchasing tickets when the jackpot is over $100 million.
$326 million: Wurtsboro (Sullivan County) November 2014
- Harold Diamond purchased 10 Mega Millions tickets at a Valero after voting on election day, one which made him the biggest winner by a New York resident in state history.