Alleged Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty to Possessing Loaded Gun
An alleged Hudson Valley drug dealer pleaded guilty to possessing an illegal loaded gun.
Frederick L. Blue, 21, of Newburgh pleaded guilty to criminal possession of a weapon on Tuesday in Orange County Court.
Blue admitted that he possessed the loaded pistol on May 22, 2017, while he was near Carpenter Street and First Street in the City of Newburgh.
Prosecutors alleged that Blue carried the weapon during drug deals. On the day Blue was arrested he was also charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance for allegedly possessing cocaine.
“The narcotics trade inevitably leads to the possession of illegal weapons and violence,” District Attorney David Hoovler said. “My office will seek severe prison sentences for anyone who possessed an illegal handgun on our city streets. City residents have the right walk their streets without fear of facing someone with an illegal handgun.”
As part of his plea deal, Blue will be sentenced to nine years in prison when sentenced in February.
- Galleria Shooting Suspect Turns Himself In
- Warning: Dog Bone Treats Could Kill Your Pet
- Hudson Valley Child Raised Thousands for Breast Cancer
- High Risk Sex Offender Moves Closer to Hudson Valley High School
- Mother, Child Killed in Black Friday Hudson Valley Fire
- When Will the Hudson Valley See Its First Major Snowstorm?
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Raping Teen
- Galleria at Crystal Run Evacuated, Reports of Shooter
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley