Alright, so after watching some football, stressing over my fantasy league and completely neglecting The Walking Dead until tomorrow, I have figured out what was going on with the American Music Awards. If you were/are like me except don't have to do this kind of blog stuff you probably were too lazy...or busy, we'll go with busy, to check up on it, I've decided to sum up the winners so you don't have to experience any intense brain activity.
Justin Timberlake got a few awards, everyone loves him. So did Rihanna, she's not that good live, but sure. That's all expected. I still have no idea why Taylor Swift is winning Country awards, I'm not sure if I've ever heard of anything country come out of her. Ariana Grande, apparently she's a big deal, I have been listening to a few songs of her's as I've been writing this, I know one song she's done and I've decided that she's stolen Mariah Carey/Mrs. Cannon's voice just like Queen Athena did to Ariel in The Little Mermaid. Then Imagine Dragons won too, finally a WRRV artist and I can end this. Check out the full list below.
- Single of the Year: "Cruise" Florida Georgia Line, ft. Nelly
- Favorite Female Country Artists: Taylor Swift
- Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist: Justin Timberlake
- Icon Award: Rihanna
- New Artist of the Year: Ariana Grande
- Favorite Pop/Rock Album: One Direction, Take Me Home
- Favorite Latin Artist: Marc Anthony
- Favorite Alternative Rock Artist: Imagine Dragons
- Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, The Heist
- Favorite Country Album: Taylor Swift. Red
- Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist: Rihanna
- Favorite Pop/Rock Male Artist: Justin Timberlake