Anglers Getting Ready, Important NY Trout Dates
Love to fish? Getting ready for the start of New York Trout Season, which kicks off on Sunday April 1, 2018? There are just a few rules about what you can catch, as well as where and how many.
In New York you have a daily limit on trout, be if for Brook, Brown and Rainbow and any of the different hybrids of these trout. You can only fish for them April 1 through Oct 15, 2018. You are allowed to keep any size of fish, but you are not allowed to keep more than 5 per day, per person.
For Lake Trout, the schedule is the same, but you are limited to fish that are at least 21 inches in length. You are also limited to a total of 3 per day per person.
Fore more information about the different limits on fish across New York, click here.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America