Apartment Complex, Dollar General Proposed Along Route 9W
A 72 unit apartment complex to go along with a new Dollar General store have been proposed for the Town of Lloyd along Route 9W. Hudson Valley One reports town residents were able to give their opinions on the project at a recent planning board meeting.
The 21-acre complex would include 12 three-story buildings to be built on two lots, with the Dollar General built on the third. The entry and exit point would be at Mile Hill road where new signs would be placed to help with traffic.
Residents will again be allowed to have their voices heard at the next meeting on July 26th. Concerns about wildlife and existing pollution were brought up at the previous session.
A pond that is close to the project would be preserved and a number of rain gardens and basins would be in place for discharged water from any storms that roll through the area.
You may recognize the area, it would be close to the existing Burger King and Trustco Bank along Route 9w in town.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America