Benefit Concert Sunday To Support Area Musician
A benefit concert happening this weekend will support a local musician who has given so much to other Hudson Valley charity efforts. MelFest this Sunday will be taking place at Junior's Lounge in Poughkeepsie and will benefit Melanie Kramer, singer and drummer for the Albany based band Sirsy. After celebrating seven years cancer-free, she was diagnosed with breast cancer in April.
Sirsy is a regular on stage at the yearly Foodstock concert at The Chance in Poughkeepsie which benefits Dutchess Outreach, Children's Home of Poughkeepsie and the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley through the Foodstock Fund.
Sunday's benefit show will include performances from WRRV Sessions alumni Jason Gisser, Adam Ezra, Snaphammer, Ghost River Gypsy and Pluto's Not A Planet. The show runs from 2-7 PM and is a family-friendly event. Donations are encouraged and there will be raffles and a 50/50 drawing close to the end of the show. Junior's Lounge is located on the Salt Point Turnpike in Poughkeepsie.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America