Car Burst Into Flames in Poughkeepsie
Shortly after 9 AM on Wednesday, Nov. 1, a vehicle driven by an elderly man burst into flames on Market Street in front of the courthouse in Poughkeepsie.
The operator of the vehicle was removed by NYS Court Officers assigned to the Dutchess County Family Courthouse who were located directly across the street. Poughkeepsie firefighters arrived on Engine 1 and Ladder 1 to quickly extinguish the blaze.
The vehicle owner was evaluated by medics from Mobile Life Support Services and he refused medical attention.
Assisting at the scene were deputies from the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office and the City of Poughkeepsie PD.
- DA: Hudson Valley Woman, Former Cop Killed 9 Horses
- Hundreds Displaced By Fire in Dutchess County
- Police: Hudson Valley Teens Stole 3 Motorcycles, Guns, Ammo
- DA: Hudson Valley Teacher Raped High School Student
- Young Mother Missing For Nearly 600 Days May Be in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley