Chess Anyone? Who Plays & Where in the Hudson Valley?
Do you play chess? Or maybe you are looking for a new partner or for someone to help sharpen your skills?
When walking around the radio station, I asked a few people if they played, all but one said no. The one person who said yes, said no to me when I asked them if they would have time to play a round or two with me to see how rusty I was.
Good for me I found a few places in the area that are welcoming new faces (especially good for me, they welcome people at all levels!) here in the Hudson Valley.
- Vassar-Chadwick Chess Club, Poughkeepsie
- Coldenham Chess Club, Newburgh
- Millerton Chess Club, Millerton
- Northern Westchester Chess Club (Wesetchester & Putnam area)
- King’s Knight CC, at the Rosendale Café, Rosendale
- Middletown Chess Club, at the Wallkill Community Center,
- Books N Rooks, Book store & Chess Club, Newburgh
Do you play chess? How often do you get to play? Have you ever entered a tournament?