DEC: 2 Dumped Junk into Hudson Valley Creek
Two people are accused of dumping beds, garbage, clothes, a couch and more into a Hudson Valley creek.
On March 17, an officer from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation received a complaint from the Town of New Windsor Police Department concerning people who were dumping garbage into Quassaic Creek.
People were seen tossing household garbage, mattresses, bed frames, bags of clothes and a couch down the streambank, police say.
The initial report was made by someone who witnessed the dumping and pursued the U-Haul box truck. The man was able to describe the suspects and detailed where they fled.
With the help of the witness's description, officers from the Department of Environmental Conservation and New Windsor Police Department were able to find the suspects.
The unnamed suspects were ordered to retrieve all the dumped solid waste and their truck was impounded.
Two people were issued tickets for the unlawful disposal of solid waste, returnable to the Town of New Windsor Court.
- 11-Year-Old Girl Hit By Car Crossing Street in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Could See Snow Twice This Weekend
- Popular Hudson Valley School ‘Permanently Closed’
- DEC: Exotic Animal Mounts and Skins Sold in the Hudson Valley
- What were 2 Oscar Winners Doing in the Hudson Valley?
- 3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
- Record-Breaking Deer Hunting Season in New York
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
- Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Dutchess County Man Admits to Killing Woman
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley