Drunk Hudson Valley Man Accused of Beating Police Officer
A drunk Dutchess County man is accused of injuring a local police officer.
On Saturday around 11:15 p.m., the Red Hook Police Department responded to the Sidelines Bar and Grill for a report of an intoxicated man causing a disturbance and refusing to leave the premises.
Arriving officers found the man, 46-year-old Anthony M. Stoddard of Elizaville. When an officer tried to escort Stoddard to a vehicle he became combative and physically fought with officers, police say.
During the altercation a Red Hook police officer was injured. The officer was treated at Northern Dutchess Hospital and released.
Stoddard was charged with assault of a police officer, a felony, resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, as well as violations for disorderly conduct and trespassing.
- Elderly Hudson Valley Couple Killed in ATV Accident
- Heroic Hudson Valley Man Stopped New York City Terror Attack
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Moves Nears Local Schools, Colleges
- Police: Large Bear Seen Roaming the Streets of the Hudson Valley
- Police: Missouri Man Promoted Sexual Act by Hudson Valley Child
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Assaulted Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley