Dutchess County Man Accused of Burglarizing Ex-Girlfriend’s House
A Dutchess County man is facing a host of charges over allegations he burglarized his ex-girlfriend’s home.
On Thursday around 2 a.m., East Fishkill officers responded to an unknown disturbance at a residence on Route 376 in Fishkill Plains.
When police arrived, the occupants reported that a woman’s ex-boyfriend broke a window and entered the house. He then assaulted the victim before being chased from the house by other occupants.
The woman was not injured as a result of the attack, police say.
The suspect, 23-year-old William Ortiz of Poughkeepsie was found near the Blue Fountain Restaurant.
He resisted arrest before being subdued and taken into custody, police say.
Ortiz was charged with burglary, criminal mischief, both felonies, criminal obstruction of breathing, obstructing governmental administration and resisting arrest, all misdemeanors.
Ortiz was arraigned before East Fishkill Justice Romig and was remanded to the Dutchess County Jail on $10,000. Cash or $20,000.
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Predicted To See 6 to 8 Inches of Snow
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near 6 Hudson Valley Schools
- Hudson Valley Cab Driver Raped 2 Young Girls
- 1 Killed, 4 Injured in Fiery Crash Near Woodbury Commons
- Sex Offender Moves Near 2 Hudson Valley Colleges
- Hudson Valley Man Enticed Child Into Sexually Activity
- Hudson Valley Doctor Arrested for Unlawful Drug Distribution
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley