Dutchess County Man Arrested After Two Stabbed at House Party
A Dutchess County man was charged after two people were stabbed during a large house party in the Hudson Valley.
On Sunday, New York State Police from Highland charged 25-year-old Jovan A. Wilkins of Lagrangeville with first-degree assault, a class B felony.
Around 4:30 a.m., police were contacted by two local hospitals that reported two people were being treated for stab wounds.
Police determined that a fight broke out at the end of a large house party on Jorge Lane in the Town of Plattekill, authorities say. Police say Wilkins was involved in the fight.
Wilkins was arraigned in the Town of Plattekill Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of undisclosed bail.
The investigation is still ongoing and the State Police at Highland are asking anyone with information related to this incident to please them at 845-691-2922.
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School Bathroom
- Coywolf Spotted in Lower Hudson Valley, on Palisades Parkway
- Hudson Valley Lawyer Accused of Sexually Touching Another Woman
- Police Seize over $30,000 Worth of Cocaine During I-87 Stop
- Violent, High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Sets Fire to Home
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Snorted Heroin Near Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley