Earth Day is Saturday April 22, 2017 What’s Going on in the Hudson Valley?
April 22, 2017 will mark the 47th Earth Day. Do you do something every year to mark the day? Do you plant trees, get together with neighbors and clean up your community?
Here are a few places in the Hudson Valley that are holiday Earth Day festivals or activities:
15th Annual Earth Day Fair in New Paltz, 4/22 from 11am to 4pm at the
- Aroma Thyme Bistro will be holding a special Earth Day walk on the Jenny Lane Trail at Lake Minnewaska. The fee includes a glass of beer or cider after the hike, back at the restaurant.
- U.S National Parks Free Admission Day. (no, this is not being done because it’s Earth Day, it is being offered because it is National Parks week). The Hudson Valley Parks that are offering free admission include, Eleanor Roosevelt Val-Kill Estate, Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Home, The Top Cottage & Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Sites
- City of Poughkeepsie Earth Day Clean-Ups from 10am to Noon.
- Beacon’s Inaugural Earth Day Clean Up, 10am to 4pm.
- Earth Day Celebration at Stony Kill, 11am to 1pm.
Do you have an Earth Day festival, clean up or celebration that you would like to add? Email Brandi@wrrv.com.
Subscribe to WRRV on