Free Fishing This Weekend!
The state of New York is offering free fishing this weekend. Governor Andrew Cuomo says people do not need a license to fish in any of the state’s 75-hundred lakes and ponds or 50-thousand miles of rivers this weekend. The offer is part of an effort by the state to increase recreational opportunities for state residents. Cuomo has also signed legislation that increases the number of free fishing days each year from two to eight.
Ideas for Free Fishing Weekend
- Try fishing for the first time.
- Haven’t fished in a while? Remember the joy of catching a fish again for free!
- Become an ambassador to the sport; take a friend fishing for the first time.
- Invite a friend to New York to fish.
- Take a spouse or significant other fishing.
- Take the family fishing…and don’t forget the grandparents!