Gun Shows Now a Thing of the Past in Westchester County?
Gun shows could be on their way out in Westchester County, NY. The new county executive George Latimer, signed an executive order earlier this year that keeps gun shows from being held on county-owned land. According to Metrosource.com, the Westchester County lawmakers voted 12-5 to make the order a law.
Previously there had been gun shows held annually at the Westchester County Center. The previous county executive, Rob Astorino, had vetoed a similar piece of legislation last year, while still in office.
Do you attend gun shows? Will this ban have you traveling to other areas of New York to go to gun shows?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America