Hudson Valley School Staff Member Accused Of Relationship With Student
An investigation is underway after a Hudson Valley school staff member was accused of having a relationship with a student.
On Thursday Oct. 12, the Brewster Central School District was informed about an alleged inappropriate relationship between a staff member and a high school student.
“Student safety is of paramount importance and we find these allegations deeply troubling,” Brewster Central School District Superintendent Valerie Henning-Piedmonte said in a letter to parents.
The school district immediately contacted police and the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the allegations.
During the investigation the unnamed staff member is prohibited from having contact with students, officials say. More details about the school district staff member or the alleged incident weren't released.
The Brewster Central School District arranged for school counselors to be available for students. The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department and the school district also established a 24 hour hotline. Anyone with information can call the hotline at 845-808-4377.
- De Niro, Pacino, Pesci Spotted at Popular Hudson Valley Ice Cream Shop
- NYPD Cop From Hudson Valley Exposed Self to 2 Young Girls, Police Say
- Hudson Valley Man on Heroin Drove 120 MPH on 84, Hit Officer
- Hudson Valley Teens Crash Multiple Cars After Breaking Into Repair Shop
- High-Risk Virginia Sex Offender Now Living Near Hudson Valley School, Nursery
- Police: Woman Drove Over 120 MPH on Taconic in Hudson Valley
- Police: 14 Arrested For Selling Heroin in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley