Have You Made It to the 6 Out of This World New York Adventures?
There was a story featured online this week from Naturebacks.com giving insight into the '6 Out of This World Adventures in New York' which got me to thinking, "Does anyone actually know about these things?
Here are the 6 that they mentioned:
- Hiking on Sleeping Beauty Mountain. Have you been there? Are the views as worthy as the article mentions? @3 hours from Poughkeepsie.
- Sam's Point Trail, Shawangunk Mountains near Pines Point. I have hiked through these mountains, but am so upset that no one told me about this! Within 1 hour of Poughkeepsie
- Hiking on Mount Jo in the Adirondacks. Are you like me and said, where exactly are the 'Adirondacks?' People are always telling me they are heading there, but to find it on a map? Eeek. So I look it up. The Adirondacks are huge and go from North of Albany, West to Lake Placid. Mount Jo is apparently only one of the many places that should be checked out. @3.5 hours from Poughkeepsie.
- Ausable Chasm, this is listed as the 'Grand Canyon' of the Adirondacks. Here you can bike, hike, play disc golf or even float down the river between the mountains. Again, why has no one told us about this? @3.5 hours from Poughkeepsie.
- Kaaterkill Falls, which is only about an hour (hour and a half) from the Hudson Valley and worth the view.
- The last place that the article mentioned was Letchworth State Park (@5 hours from Poughkeepsie). It is another location being touted as a 'Grand Canyon Experience' inside the State of New York.
What we all have learned? Get outdoors! There are so many places in New York State that are just waiting for you to discover, the above are just a few. Is there a place that you like to go hiking or camping that you think we should know about? Email Brandi@wrrv.com. Thanks!