High-Risk Long Island Sex Offender Moves to Hudson Valley
Police warned the public that a high-risk sex offender from Long Island is now living in the Hudson Valley.
The Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office issued a warning on their Facebook page that 46-year-old Rory Dolan moved to Route 97 in Narrowsburg.
The leve-3 sex offender is listed as a 5’6” 195 white man with brown hair and brown eyes. In 1988, he raped and sexually abused two 40-year-old women, according to the New York State Sex Offender’s database.
Dolan threatened and immediately physically overpowered his victims, police say. He also used a gun and what officials described as a cutting instrument in the rape.
In 1995, Dolan was sentenced to 100 months to 25 years in prison.
Level-3 sex offenders are considered to have the highest risk of a repeat offense and are considered the greatest risk to the public.
- 1 Dead, 33 Injured in Explosions at Hudson Valley Plant
- Man Dies Scuba Diving in The Hudson Valley
- At Least 6 Killed in Mafia-Style Murders in The Hudson Valley
- New Windsor Factory Once Site of Work Shooting That Left 2 Dead
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Made Terroristic Threat
- Hudson Valley Man Violently Raped Elderly Woman
- Doctor Accused of Abusing Hudson Valley Woman, 16 Others
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley