How Addicted to Gambling is New York State?
According to a recent study, it seems New York has an addiction problem compared to other states.
With Americans losing over $100 billion to gambling each year, it makes you wonder how New York stacks up to the rest of the country in regards to gambling addiction.
Wallethub compared the 50 states across 19 key metrics. The dataset ranges from the presence of illegal gambling operations to lottery sales per capita to share of adults with gambling disorders.
New York was ranked 17th in the country for gambling addiction. Here's the breakdown.
Gambling Addiction in New York:
- 29th - Casinos per capita
- 32nd - Gaming Machines per capita
- 6th - Lottery sales per capita
- 43rd - % of Adults with Gambling Disorders
- 18th - Gambling-Related Arrests per Capita
- 1st - Legality of Daily Fantasy Sports
- 5th - Legality of Sports Gambling
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America