Hudson Valley Man Carves 9-Foot Bear Out of Tree Trunk
When you have tree trunk and a love for bears.
Dean Baker, of the Town of Ulster, had to cut down a 75-foot silver maple tree from his front yard.
According to the Daily Freeman, He loved the tree, but the roots were beginning to grow into his basement foundation.
Once the tree was removed, Baker turned to Hoppy Quick of Olivebridge, N.Y. to turn the tree trunk into a bear.
Hoppy did just that, and carved the trunk into a 9-foot bear. The carving started last Friday, with Hoppy finishing the staining on Wednesday.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America