Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder After Human Remains Found
A Hudson Valley man was charged with murder after human remains of a missing person were found.
William K. McMahon, 50, from Quaker Street in the Town of Newburgh was last seen in April of 2017. He was reported missing to State Police in June.
Recently, authorities executed a search warrant at a home on Quaker Street in Town of Newburgh where the remains of McMahon were found.
Police didn’t say if McMahon’s remains were found in his home, however he lived on Quaker Street and the remains were found inside a home on Quaker Street.
After the remains were found, on Tuesday, 43-year-old Christopher Smith of Wallkill was charged with second-degree murder, a felony.
Police didn’t reveal how their investigation led to the murder charge or if McMahon and Smith have any known connection.
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found 42 Years Later
- $350 Million Theme Park Coming to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Placed Explosive Device On Ex’s Car, Police
- Dutchess County Man in Serious Condition Following Motorcycle Crash
- Hudson Valley Teens Rescued From Alleged Sex Traffickers
- Man Charged With Illegally Killing Deer in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley