Hudson Valley Man Gets 25 Years to Life in Prison, Again
For the second time a Hudson Valley man was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for murder.
On Tuesday in Putnam County Court, Anthony Grigoroff of Garrison was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for the 2008 murder of John Marcinak.
Marcinak was shot and killed at his place of business, the Garrison Garage, when he interrupted a burglary on December 31, 2008. Grigoroff acted as a lookout and getaway driver, officials say.
Grigoroff was previously found guilty in 2010, but in 2015 that conviction was overturned. In August, in Putnam County Court, a jury of six women and six men unanimously found Grigoroff guilty of murder, again.
“Let no one have any illusions that the Defendant isn’t guilty,” Putnam County District Attorney Robert Tendy said in a statement prior to sentencing. “He gave great detail in his confession as to what occurred during the burglary and shooting, and that’s because he was there when it happened. No one could have had such knowledge of the crime scene and what occurred there unless he was personally present.”
- Book Written By Hudson Valley Author, With Former President to Become TV Series
- Warning: Poisonous Spiders Found In New York
- Hudson Valley Resident Grabs History
- Have You Seen This Missing Hudson Valley Teen?
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Drunk Fatal Hit-And-Run
- Owner of Popular Hudson Valley Gym Dies
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley