Hudson Valley Man Sent Sexual Emails To Young Girl, Police Say
A Hudson Valley man is accused of sending sexual emails to a young girl.
On Thursday, New York State Police from the Dover Plains arrested 30-year-old Anthony S. Powell of Amenia for disseminating indecent material to minors, a felony, and endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.
On May 8, troopers were dispatched to investigate allegations that Powell was exchanging inappropriate e-mails with a minor. An investigation indicated that Powell did send e-mails that were sexual in nature to a female who is under the age of 16, police say.
Powell was arraigned in the Town of Dover Justice Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond. Powell is due to reappear in the Town of Amenia Court at a later date and time.
- Deadly Tick Carrying Brain Swelling Virus Found in New York
- Hudson Valley Taxi Driver Charged For Fatal Crash Where Train Hits Cab
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Home Fire
- Police: Dutchess County Lawyer Had Sexual Contact With Client, More Victims Possible
- Hudson Valley MLBer In Middle of Nationwide Debate
- Orange County Police Chief Shot, Long Standoff Ends With Suspect Dead
A local pharmacist tells us how to get a medical marijuana prescription and the benefits of medical marijuana.
Subscribe to WRRV on