Hudson Valley Man Who Lost His 3 Kids, Parents in Fire Needs Help
Here's how you can help the Hudson Valley family that lost three children and two grandparents in a fatal fire.
In the early on Monday, a fire broke out at a home on State Route 145 in the town of Durham.
Six people were inside at the time of the fire, five were killed.
According to State Police, John Mamanno, 34, remains in critical condition suffering burns to his face, hands and arm.
The five who died inside the home were identified as Mammano’s children 7-year-old Sophia Mammano, 8-year-old Jayden Caffrey, Jonathan Mammano, 10, and his parents, 68-year-old Nicholas Mammano and 68-year-old Mary Mammano.
A GoFundMe was set up to help John Mamanno and his family pay for five funerals and medical costs.
"John Mammano was a single father, living with his parents and three children. He was on hard times and trying very hard to support his kids on how own," April Jane wrote on the GoFundMe. "He is sedated right now and his family needs help with funeral and medical expenses. Please donate what you can, every dollar helps."
As of this writing, in three days, over $20,000 has been raised.
- 11-Year-Old Girl Hit By Car Crossing Street in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Could See Snow Twice This Weekend
- Popular Hudson Valley School ‘Permanently Closed’
- DEC: Exotic Animal Mounts and Skins Sold in the Hudson Valley
- What were 2 Oscar Winners Doing in the Hudson Valley?
- 3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
- Record-Breaking Deer Hunting Season in New York
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
- Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Dutchess County Man Admits to Killing Woman
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley