Hudson Valley Resident Roger Ailes Dead At 77
Fox News founder Roger Ailes, who had a number of Hudson Valley connections, has died at the age of 77.
Elizabeth Ailes, the wife of the Fox New Founder, announced that Roger Ailes died Thursday morning.
“Roger was a loving husband to me, to his son Zachary, and a loyal friend to many,” Elizabeth Ailes stated. “He was also a patriot, profoundly grateful to live in a country that gave him so much opportunity to work hard, to rise — and to give back.”
The cause of the death wasn’t released, but TMZ reports the death comes days after a serious fall. A source told TMZ that Roger fell at his Florida home eight days ago and hit his head.
For 16 years, Ailes helped Fox News dominate the cable news ratings. Last year, he was removed as CEO after a sexual-harassment allegations, that he denied.
- Deadly Tick Carrying Brain Swelling Virus Found in New York
- Orange County Police Chief Shot, Long Standoff Ends With Suspect Dead
- Hudson Valley Now Home To America’s Favorite Burger
- ‘Lifesaver': Uber, Lyft Coming To Hudson Valley Sooner than expected?
- Hudson Valley Teen Jailed For Murdering Local Elderly Woman
A local pharmacist tells us how to get a medical marijuana prescription and the benefits of medical marijuana.
Subscribe to WRRV on