Hudson Valley School Aide, Coach Accused of Sex Abuse With Kids
A Hudson Valley man who coaches and works for a local school district is accused of sexually abusing children.
On Wednesday, State Police at Catskill arrested 45-year-old Vincenzo Multari of Athens for endangering the welfare of a child, forcible touching, and three counts of sexual abuse.
According to State Police, Multari is a hall monitor and coach at Coxsackie-Athens High School.
The Coxsackie-Athens superintendent told WYNT Multari was involved in one-on-one situations with students but typically worked with students in group settings.
Police didn't go into detail about what led to the arrest only saying that the arrest was the result of an investigation conducted by State Police and the Village of Coxsackie Police Department.
Multari was arraigned in the Town of Coxsackie Court and was remanded to Greene County Jail in lieu of $2,500 cash or $5,000 bond.
- Timeline Gives New Insight Into Hudson Valley Murder-Suicide
- Retired Police Lieutenant From Hudson Valley Raped 2 Relatives
- Hudson Valley Walmart Undergoing Big Changes
- Former Hudson Valley Doctor Accused of Stealing Nearly $1 Million
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School, 2 Charged
- Mother Who Killed 4 Kids Moves to Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child He Babysat
- Hudson Valley Man Killed in Apparent Hit-And-Run On Interstate 84
- Hudson Valley Family’s Dog Found After 1.5 Years
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley