Hudson Valley Sex Offender Arrested
An investigation into a sex offender living in the Hudson Valley led to the man's arrest.
On Wednesday, the Saugerties Police Detective Division arrested 32-year-old Rene A. Ocasio of Kingston for a sex offender registry violation.
In April 2018, Ocasio reported that he was living at a residence in the Town of Saugerties and a subsequent investigation revealed that Ocasio wasn't living at the home he reported. All registered sex offenders must update police about their moves.
Ocasio was charged with sex offender registry violation, a felony. He was arraigned in Town of Saugerties Court and remanded to Ulster County Jail without bail.
In 2016, Ocasio, a Level-2 sex offender, was convicted for sexual misconduct, which according to the New York State Sex Offenders database, is having sex without consent.
- Snake Hangs From Doorknob at Hudson Valley Home (PHOTOS)
- Police: Hudson Valley Father And Son Sexually Abused Children
- Search For Missing Hudson Valley Brothers Called Off
- Dutchess County Town Clerk Stole Over $27,000 From Town
- Hudson Valley Teacher To Compete in Hit Reality TV Show
- Hudson Valley Man Attacked By Cougar, Friend Killed
- Baby Hit and Killed by Father in Hudson Valley on Memorial Day
- Man Falls to Death During Difficult Hike Near Hudson Valley