Hunter Mountain is Expanding
Hunter Mountain announced plans to expand by 25%. Peak Resorts, Inc., the owner and operator of Hunter Mountain, announced that Hunter Mountain secured all the required permits which will allow it to move forward with an expansion project announced last June.
The project will increase the resort’s skiable acreage by approximately 25% and is expected to be completed in time for the start of the 2018 ski season, officials say.
The additional acreage will be located on the north-facing slope of Hunter Mountain, between Hunter Mountain and Hunter West.
Initial work on Hunter North will include the clearing of five trails along with the installation of a high-speed six-person detachable chairlift. The new lift will transport guests from the base of Hunter North to the intersection of the existing Belt Parkway and Way Out trails.
“The Hunter North expansion will provide our guests and Peak Pass passholders with an entirely new area to explore,” Senior VP of Operations of Peak Resorts Jesse Boyd said in press release. “The new entrance, arrival area and high-speed lift will provide guests with easy access to a new area of intermediate-level terrain that will dramatically broaden the variety of trails that Hunter has to offer.”
- Hudson Valley School Placed on Lockdown After Report of Gun
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Raped Teen Several Times
- SUV Crashes into Hudson Valley Shopping Center
- 3 Cases of Measles Confirmed From Hudson Valley, More Likely
- Child Stabbed, Teen Accused of Waving Knife at Police in Newburgh
- Police: Hudson Valley Bus Driver Tried to Meet Child for Sex
- 3 Critically Hurt After Car Plows Into Popular H.V. Restaurant