I Bet Most New Yorkers Won’t Know What This Animal Is
Maybe it's just the Michigan man in me, but I was shocked to find out that a lot of people here in New York have absolutely no idea that this is a real animal.
I'm talking about the mighty wolverine of course. They're known as weasels on steroids or skunk bears. Being from Michigan, the ferociousness of the wolverine is just ingrained in me but today I learned that most New York citizens think that Wolverine is just a Marvel character.
In fact, Hugh Jackman apparently had no clue that they were real until he was on the set of X-Men.
I can see why since they are predominantly found in the north and sightings in New York are very rare.
Yeah, they're cute but they are dangerous. Wolverines are tough and they are pound for pound one of the most aggressive animals in the world. Though they only grow to be about 30 pounds, they have been known to hunt and kill animals 20 times their size like moose and even large bears.
If you don't, believe me, you can make your own decision by watching a wolverine fight a black bear.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America