If You Don’t Get This Document Soon You Won’t Be Able To Fly In The US
A new document is required soon for all domestic flights in the US.
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is encouraging New Yorkers to get a new form of ID. The main reason? So you can fly domestically. If you don't get this new ID by 2020 you can't take any domestic flights.
A REAL ID is required by 2020 to board any domestic flight in the US, according to News 10. If you do not have a REAL ID, a passport or Enhanced Drivers License will due, because both of those documents allow international travel.
The REAL ID is part of the Department of Homeland Security's REAL ID act passed in 2005 as a counter-terrorism method by the 9/11 commission. The act established security standards for state-issued driver licenses and ID forms in the US.
To get your REAL ID, you can go into any New York State DMV. News 10 reports that the DMV urges people to get a REAL ID sooner, rather than later, as the 2020 deadline approaches.
Great, one more thing I have to stand in line for at the DMV.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America