Illegal Immigrant Slashes Hudson Valley Driver’s Neck
Rather than pay for his taxi ride, an illegal immigrant living in the Hudson Valley assaulted his driver with a knife.
In Putnam County Court, Manuel Estabon pleaded guilty to attempted assault, a class C felony.
On Feb. 11, Estabon entered a taxi and asked to be taken to La Frontera restaurant in Brewster. While driving along Route 22, around 2:45 am, he leaned over from the back seat and began to slash at the cab driver’s neck with a knife.
According to State Police, The taxi was driving Estabon to a bank to obtain payment for the ride. Before reaching the bank Estabon assaulted the victim with a knife.
The taxi driver suffered wounds to the face, neck and hands, but survived. He was treated and released at Putnam Hospital.
Estabon is expected to be sentenced on August 1, to five years in state prison.
According to the Putnam County District Attorney's Office, Estabon currently has an Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold due to his status as an illegal immigrant. He will be deported following his prison sentence.
- Lawyer: Unseen Video From Viral Bar Fight Tells Different Story
- 3 Hudson Valley Restaurants Makes List of 'America’s Favorite'
- Hudson Valley Officer Sexually Harassed By Boss, Lawsuit Claims
- Have You Seen This Wanted Hudson Valley 'Sexual Predator'?
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Moves in Hudson Valley
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher, Father to 10 Killed
- Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
- Man Found Dead Pinned Under Truck in Hudson Valley
- Encounter With Bouncer, Customer at Hudson Valley Bar Goes Viral
- Hudson Valley Woman With Suspended License Causes Fatal Accident