Impaired Driver Hits Parked Cars, Crashes Into House, Police Say
A driver crashed into a home in Dutchess County after striking several vehicles.
On Friday, troopers observed a 2002 BMW northbound on State Route 9 in the Town of Poughkeepsie traveling in excess of the posted speed limit.
Troopers attempting to locate the vehicle observed the driver lose control of his vehicle, and strike several parked vehicles, before crashing into a house on East Cedar Street.
The operator of the vehicle, identified as Benjamin Cruz, 26, of Poughkeepsie was found to under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol with a required interlock device and was arrested, according to police.
The investigation also found approximately 12.5 grams of marijuana in the vehicle. Cruz was transported to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital for minor injuries, and issued the appropriate traffic tickets and appearance tickets.
Cruz is due in the Town of Poughkeepsie Court later this month.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie