It’s World Suicide Prevention Day And These Stats Are Scary
Are you aware that right now someone is contemplating ending their own life? Suicide statistics around the world are alarming.
When artists like Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington and most recently Mac Miller take their own life or die suddenly it always seems to spark a conversation on suicide prevention. Why isn't the conversation continued?
September 10 is World Suicide Prevention Day and I took the time to look up some statistics which I found frightening.
According to the World Health Organizations Website, someone takes their own life roughly every minute. There are close to 800,000 reported suicides every year, and sadly, it's the second leading cause of death between 15- and 29-year-olds.
I urge you to reach out to someone who may need some help. If you think you know someone who may be suffering emotionally be sure to give them a little extra attention. Be kind to each other.
The National Suicide Hotline Number is: 1-800-273-8255
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America