Jeremy Garcia Arrested For Smoking Weed in Hudson Valley
A Hudson Valley man named Jeremy Garcia is accused of smoking weed and trespassing.
On Tuesday, a Stony Point police officer responded to a report of two men trying to enter a vacant home on Beech Road in Stony Point. The responding officer found the men in the backyard of the home allegedly smoking weed.
Jeremy T. Garcia and Daniel Monahan, both 21 from Stony Point, were both charged with criminal trespass. Garcia was also charged with criminal possession of marijuana.
Some say Garcia's arrest on weed charges is ironic because his name is close to Jerry Garcia.
Jerry Garcia and his band the Grateful Dead are credited with associating the number 420 with weed and the celebration of Weed Day on April 20, according to the Huffington Post.
- Nearly 7-Foot Snake Found in Bathroom of Hudson Valley Home
- Nearly $1 Million of Weed Found After Suspected Pot Farm Fire
- Tick Carrying Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Found in Hudson Valley
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender On The Loose
- Alleged Superintendent Pooper Demands to See Video of Poop
- Police Investigate After Man Found Dead Near Hudson Valley School
- Hudson Valley School District May Ban Homework
- New York Officials Declare 'Emergency' Across Tri-State
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Killed Days Before Wedding
- Hudson Valley High School Deals With Tragedy For 3rd Year