Top Places to Cut Your Own Christmas Tree in the Hudson Valley
The first weekend in December can be the perfect weekend for you to head out doors and find the perfect tree to grace your home this season? Are you the person that has the tree in the box downstairs in the basement? Do you go to the parking lot down the road and pick a tree out there? Or do you find yourself a local tree farm and cut the tree down yourself?
Here are a few of the local tree farms here in the Hudson Valley:
- Battenfield Tree Farm, Red Hook
- Solvang Christmas Trees, Poughkeepsie
- BJ's Christmas Trees, Pleasant Valley
- Abeel's Trees, Verbank
- Emmerich Tree Farm, Warwick
- Saltsman Tree Farm, Rhinebeck
- Plains View Farm, Pleasant Valley
- Hardenburgh Christmas Tree Farm, Esopus
- Fox Ridge Christmas Tree Farm, Warwick
- Hurds Family Farm, Modena
If you do get a fresh or live tree, make sure to keep it hydrated with plenty of water.