Lower Hudson Valley Basketball Team Wins in Dramatic Fashion [VIDEO]
The shot is being played all over the news.
Ardsley High School was down with three seconds left in the Section 1 Class A final. Ardsley was facing a tough opponent in Tappan Zee High School, as the fans watched the match up played at Pace University.
Tappan Zee was inbounding the ball when Arsdley senior Julian McGarvey intercepted the pass and then somehow heaved up a 70 foot shot to give Ardsley the Class A championship in front of a stunned crowd.
Quite the turn around for McGarvey, considering he just missed two crucial free throws for his team.
At one moment it looks like the whole world was ending and I’m about to start bawling on the court because I just missed the free throws to win the game for my team.
The miraculous shot has been replayed on just about every highlight reel around the country.
Basketball is actually McGarvey's second sport. The senior will enter Marist College this fall to play quarterback for the school's football team.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America