Northeast Outdoor Sports Show Comes to the Dutchess County Fairgrounds
The first Northeast Outdoor Sports Show heads to the Dutchess County Fairgrounds this weekend, Saturday, May 20 from 10AM-5PM and Sunday, May 21 from 11AM-5PM.
The Northeast Outdoor Sports Show is a two-day showcase that features everything outdoors from hunting, fishing, camping, biking, recreational vehicles and more.
"There’s something for the serious sportsmen, casual sportsmen, family and Kids. Plus, if you see something and you’d like to buy it, you can” said Anthony Verano, Townsquare Media of the Hudson Valley Live Events Manager.
The event will feature over 100 different outdoor themed vendors from Kenco, Thruway Sporting Goods, Davis Sport Shop, Cabela’s and Dick’s Sporting Goods to Trout Unlimited, Overlook Mountain Bikes, local rod and gun clubs and more.
Two by Two Zoo Animals at the
Northeast Outdoor Sports Show
Specific activities on site include the following:
• An educational exhibit from the Two by Two Zoo featuring rescued and adopted animals such as kangaroos, lemurs, turtles, leopards and more.
• A trout fishing pond brought to you by Glencar Water Designs and Lighting will be on site. Kids and families will get to try out fishing for some trout in this special catch and release pond. The trout featured in this exhibit have been obtained through DEC approved sources.
• Camping World in Kingston will be presenting a massive RV showcase with over 20 Campers and Toy Haulers on display and for purchase.
• Romeo Chevrolet, Buick, GMC in Kingston will also present a truck showcase. Check out all varieties of pickup trucks from Heavy Duties, Light Duties and everything in between.
• The Hawg Trough, a 5,000 gallon fish tank will be on display filled with various fish and will be used as the back drop for the seminar area.
• All weekend long, seminars will be presented by Sports Professionals. Special guests will include “The Deer Doctor” Peter Fiduccia, Trout Unlimited, “New York's First Family of Deer Hunting” The Salerno Brothers, FYI Network and Unplugged Nation Host, Jay Gruen, and the Bass Professionals from the Hawg Trough.
• THE DOCK DOGS, The World’s Premier Canine Aquatics Competition will be featured all weekend long at the event. Local and regional dogs will compete in the regional Sportsmen Series.
• Northern Dutchess Archery and Sportsmen Supply will be featuring six lanes of archery shooting, so attendees can try before they buy.
• There will be a Recreational Vehicle Demo Area featuring Texieras Polaris and Cycle Center.
• Davis Sport Shops will also be hosting a huge ammo blowout sale. Rifle, pistol, shotgun ammo and 22s galore will all be at great prices. Federal, CCI, American Eagle, Hornaday and Browning will all be at unbelievable values.
• The New York State Police will be on site all weekend featuring their dive tank and boat.
• The Sheriff’s Department will be doing K9 demonstrations.
• The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation will have their ATV and setup display all weekend long and law enforcement staff will be on site to answer your questions.
• There will be a wide variety of food vendors on site including a beer garden thanks to Dutchess Beer Distributors and Bud Light.
Tickets to the Northeast Outdoor Sports Show are $12 for adults, $5 for kids ages 12 through 16, and free to those under 12. For those serious Sportsmen, there are weekend passes available for $20 for adults and $10 for kids.
On Sunday, the Northeast Outdoor Sports Show is proud to announce with the help of our sponsor Bad Ass Grills, that all veterans, active military, police, EMTs, and firefighters will be offered a special $10 admission ticket when purchased at the gate.
The Northeast Outdoor Sports Show is a joint venture between Townsquare Media of the Hudson Valley and the Dutchess County Fairgrounds.
For more information or to purchase tickets visit NEOutdoorsportsshow.com.