Now Is the Time to Prep Your Home and Car for Winter
Winter doesn't officially begin until December 21, 2018 and will run through (on the calendar at least) until March 20, 2019. However the colder weather and the wind has already begun.
What steps should you take now to make things more comfortable for you during the cold and possibly snowy days of winter? Here are a few things you might want to do in advance.
- Check the batteries in your smoke detectors and in your carbon monoxide detectors
- Have an adequate supply of bottled water and batteries on hand.
- Check around doors and windows for drafts. If you find them, take steps to block the drafts from coming in.
- Make sure to have access to a coat, gloves and proper footwear for the colder weather
- Stock up on salt for sidewalks and driveways
- Have a shovel for the trunk of your car, also have a blanket and sand or kitty litter to help you if you get stuck in a snow bank.
Do you have things that you do to get your home and car ready for winter? Share with us your suggestions in the comment section below.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America