Olympian From Upstate Will Carry Flag For Opening Ceremony
A athlete from upstate New York has been selected by her teammates to carry the flag into the stadium for the opening Olympic ceremonies at the stadium in Pyeongchang. Erin Hamlin is from Remsen, NY and this will be the fourth time she has competed in the Olympics. Her sport is the Luge.
Here are a few of her career highlights, from TeamUSA.org:
Bronze medalist at the 2014 XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia
2009 World Champion
2017 World Championship silver medalist
2017 World Champion in sprint discipline
2017 World Championshhip silver medalist as lead leg in team relay
4 World Cup victories
23 World Cup medalsLead historic 2015 US women's sweep of the podium
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America