Orange County Speedway In Middletown Receives Major Upgrades
Things are starting to heat up in Middletown. An effort to revitalize Orange County Fair Speedway has begun ahead of their 100th anniversary next summer.
According to Dirt Track Digest, the Speedway is seeing much-needed upgrades thanks to Orange Motorsport Entertaining, a Nanuet based developer. They just recently signed a five-year deal to operate the fairgrounds complex located at 239 Wisner Avenue in Middletown.
Work has begun on the track which is in the process of being replaced, bad weather had been holding up progress. Equipment upgrades include a GPS driven grader, track packer, and a water truck. Steve Keeler, owner of Rock Fantasy Concert Shop in Middletown was on hand Monday to capture progress.
Other changes have come about pretty quickly, including the removal of all seats in the grandstand which were in the process of being replaced with new ones. Portable bleachers have been set up while work continues on the seats. The track will be ready for Nostalgia Night on Saturday, June 2nd, celebrating 99 years of dirt track racing.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America