Parts of I-84 Closed Down After Tractor-trailer Rollover, 2 Hurt
A tractor-trailer rollover shut down parts of I-84 in the Hudson Valley Wednesday, leaving two injured.
New York State Police are investigating a serious motor vehicle collision on Interstate 84 in the area of exit 20S (Interstate 684) involving a tractor-trailer and a passenger vehicle.
On Tuesday around 10:30 p.m., a tractor-trailer lost control and overturned blocking the left-hand lane of Interstate 84 eastbound at mile marker 68.5, police say.
An eastbound car couldn't avoid the wreck and hit the overturned tractor trailer. Both drivers were injured, but police say they appear to be minor.
The left lane of traffic remains closed for emergency crew cleanup of the tractor-trailer. Traffic is being diverted to the right and entrance ramp lanes. The duration of this closure is unknown.
Drivers are told to exercise caution and be mindful of emergency personnel in low light conditions. If possible seek alternative routes. Delays may be present for an extended period of time, police say.
As of this writing, 5:30 a.m. Wednesday, parts of I-84 near exit 20 remain closed.
Hudson Valley traffic reporter Nancy Remy says the crash and cleanup involves a number of dead chickens.
Meanwhile, a portion of I-84 West in the Hudson Valley is scheduled to be closed completely to traffic Wednesday morning for scheduled road work.
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Sexually Abused Child
- Parts of I-84 Closed Down After Tractor-trailer Rollover, 2 Hurt
- Feds: Uber Driver Kidnaps, Fondles Hudson Valley Woman
- Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Stepdaughter
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Really Did See Snow Last Weekend
- Multiple Hudson Valley Stores Closing, Many Likely Laid Off
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found in Hudson River
- Shoppers at Popular Hudson Valley Retailer Exposed to Measles
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery, College
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder, 25-Year-Old Found Dead