Pets Could Start Getting Medical Marijuana in New York
Should your pet be able to get medical marijuana? No, we are not talking about your pet actually smoking it, but using the Cannabidiol, or CBD-based products. CBD-based products are known as the ones that have medical benefits without the 'feeling stoned' side effect of Tetrahydrocannabinol or TCH.
CBDs have been used in the treatment of pain, anxiety, diabetes, cancer treatments and in helping people sleep.
Should these CBD based items be used to help our four-legged friends? Last week, NYS Assemblywoman Amy Paulin announced that she would be introducing legislation that would give licensed veterinarians the authority to prescribe this form of medical marijuana to pets in New York.
Currently, New York has just under 50,000 people who have been approved to purchase medical marijuana in the state and approx 1,500 licensed health care providers who can prescribe it.
What do you think? Should this be used to help treat our pets?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America