Police: 2 Found Driving on Taconic With Drugs
A couple pulled over on the Taconic State Parkway was allegedly in possession of drugs.
On Thursday around 10:45 a.m., New York State Police from conducted a traffic stop of a 2017 Honda Civic on the Taconic State Parkway in the town of Stanford.
During the interview police determined the driver, 27-year-old Shyrelle J. Goines of Massachusetts, was driving with her driving privileges in New York were suspended, police say.
A continued investigation led to the discovery of approximately 3.9 grams of Lorazepram, according to New York State Police.
Goines and her passenger, 37-year-old Damon A. Neal of Queens, were both charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor, and possession of a controlled substance in non-original container, a violation. Goines was also charged with aggravated unlicensed operation, a misdemeanor.
- Many Parts of the Hudson Valley Could See up to 16 Inches of Snow
- Hudson Valley Teen Continues to Fight For Life From Flu
- 22 Hudson Valley Towns Have Smallest English Speakers in New York
- 9 Hikers Rescued From Snow Covered Mountain in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Pointed Knife at Child To Steal From Mother
- Police Save Suicidal Child in Hudson Valley
- Police: School Employee Attempted to Rape Teen in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Assault Child For Over 2 Years
- Police: Maryland Drug Dealer Arrested in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Stealing Neighbor's Coin Jug
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley