Police: Drunk Man Drove in Hudson Valley With Loaded Assault Rifle
Police say a drunk man was driving around the Hudson Valley with a loaded assault rifle, numerous magazines and several hundred rounds of ammo.
On Sunday morning, State Police at Middletown responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident on Route 17 in Goshen.
An investigation determined that 35-year-old Jeffrey Burns of Colorado drove his Chevrolet pickup off the road and struck a vehicle parked on the shoulder, police say.
While interviewing Burns, troopers allege that he was intoxicated and in possession of a loaded AR-15 style assault rifle, several magazines and several hundred rounds of ammunition.
Burns was charged with three counts of criminal possession of a weapon, felonies, and driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor.
Burns was arraigned in the Town of Goshen court and remanded to the Orange County Jail without bail.
- Potentially Dangerous Animal Terrorizes Hudson Valley Town
- Fire Destroys Hudson Valley Bowling Alley
- Same-Sex Couple Weds at West Point
- $4,000 Found and Returned Outside Hudson Valley Restaurant
- Driver Walks Away From Horrific Accident on Palisades Parkway
- The Price is Right is Coming Back to the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Resident Selected in Major League Soccer Draft
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley