Police: Hudson Valley Couple Place Drugs Near Child
A Hudson Valley couple is accused of possessing drugs near a 2-year-old.
On Monday, New York State Police at Wurtsboro charged 33-year-old Kadina B. Davis and Lavar Malloy, 40, both of Monticello with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony, endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor, and unlawful possession of marijuana.
Troopers initiated a traffic stop of a tan Chevy SUV for allegedly changing lanes without signaling on State Route 17 in the town of Mamakating.
While interviewing Davis and Malloy, police allege they smelled marijuana coming from the car.
After a search, crack cocaine and marijuana were found in the car near a 2-year-old child, police say.
Davis and Malloy were arraigned before the town of Mamakating Court and remanded to Sullivan County Jail.
Child Protective Services was contacted and the child was placed with a family friend.
- State Police Continue to Investigate Dead Body Found in Woods
- Baby, Mother Killed Crossing Route 52 in Fishkill
- Hudson Valley Teen Loses Feet, Hand From Flu
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Assaults Ex, Masturbates Near Child
- 4 Charged After Man Brutally Murdered in Hudson Valley
- This Shoe Allows You to Really Run on Dunkin Across New York
- Hudson Valley Grammy Winner To Play Songs to Get Out of Jail
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley