Police: Hudson Valley Couple Stole 10 Parking Meters
A Hudson Valley couple is accused of stealing 10 parking meters worth close to ten thousand dollars.
On Tuesday around 5 a.m., a City of Newburgh resident told police that two people removed a parking meter and pole from the area of Broadway and Fullerton Avenue.
Officers searched the area and soon found the couple. An investigation determined that the pair stole the parking meter to the basement of a vacant city-owned building, police say.
Authorities believe the couple was living in the vacant building. Police searched the basement of the building and allegedly found 10 City of Newburgh Parking Meters worth approximately $9,600.
Jesse G. Diaz, 43, and 30-year-old Kimberly L. Cook, both from Newburgh, were both charged with burglary, criminal mischief, grand larceny and criminal possession of stolen property, all felonies.
Both Cook and Diaz were processed and held pending their arraignment in City of Newburgh Court.
- More Closures Announced For National Retail Store
- Barn That Houses Horses at Historic Hudson Valley Track Goes Up in Flames
- Police: Hudson Valley Mother Overdoses While Taking Care of Child
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Intoxicated Crash That Seriously Injured Infant
- 3 Winning Lottery Tickets Sold In the Hudson Valley
- New York Giants Legend Spotted in the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley