Police: Hudson Valley Man Leads Police in Wild Cash in Stolen Car
A Hudson Valley man is behind bars without bail after he allegedly led police on a high-speed chase in a stolen car.
On Sunday around 11:30 p.m., East Fishkill police officers were sent to a home on Roundhill Road in the Town of East Fishkill for the report of a car theft.
A short time later, an officer found the reported stolen car driving in the area of State Route 82 and Trinka Lane. The car fled when police tried to pull the driver over, officials say.
Police allege, the vehicle fled northbound on State Route 82 at an extremely high rate of speed, eventually turning onto State Route 376 and then Railroad Avenue.
During the chase, the reported stolen car hit a car parked on Railroad Avenue and intentionally struck a police car, police say. The officer wasn't injured.
The driver then drove down the rail bed ballast, over a small bridge, discarded the vehicle and fled on a bicycle, according to police.
With the help of a Dutchess County Sheriff's Office K9, Piko, 24-year-old Christopher T. Fidelman of Poughkeepsie was soon arrested.
Fidelman was charged with grand larceny, criminal possession of stolen property, unlawful fleeing a police officer, attempted assault, resisting arrest, criminal mischief and reckless endangerment as well as multiple vehicle and traffic infractions.
Fidelman was arraigned in East Fishkill Justice Court and was remanded to Dutchess County Jail with no bail pending a future court date.
- Man Paddle Boards Across Hudson River in Suit
- Multiple Large Venomous Snakes Found Near Hudson Valley Homes
- Hudson Valley Man Confesses After Dead Remains Found in Planter
- Hudson Valley Teen Signs MLB Contract
- Hudson Valley Police Arrest 7 in Prostitution, Drug Enforcement
- Dutchess Woman Accused of Stabbing Man on Dutchess Turnpike
- Police: Naked Man Screaming Leads to Dutchess Woman's Heroin Bust
- 'Horror Plant' Causes Blindness, Burns Found in Hudson Valley
- Police Save Suicidal Student On Top of Hudson Valley Water Tower
- Dutchess County Police Save Dog Trapped Under Shed