Police: Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused 4-Year-Old
A Hudson Valley man is accused of sexually abusing a 4-year-old child.
On Wednesday, members of the Plattekill Police Department responded to a home in Modena for a report of child sexual abuse.
A preliminary investigation revealed that 23-year-old Jesse Fitzpatrick of Modena had inappropriate sexual contact with a 4 year-old child earlier in the day, police say.
Fitzpatrick and the child live in the same home but are not related, according to the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office.
Fitzpatrick was charged with sexual abuse, a felony, and forcible touching, a misdemeanor. He was arraigned in Town of Plattekill Justice Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 secured bond.
Detectives and investigators from the Ulster County Child Advocacy Center and the Ulster County Sheriff's Office continue to investigate with more charges are possible.
- Hudson Valley Father Who Killed Infant Gets Maximum Sentence
- Hudson Valley Officer Fatally Shot in Head
- World Series MVP Engaged to Hudson Valley Woman
- 2 Hudson Valley Men Charged With Murder After Dead Body
- Will The Hudson Valley Experience a Huge Thanksgiving Snowstorm?
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Accused of Raping Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley